Sunday, September 26, 2010

Schule

Okay so I haven''t written in a while.
This past couple of week were my first 2 week at the Gymnasium. For the 4 other weeks I have been here before that I was at Migros Klubschule. It is a place where adults (everyone 16+) can go to learn a new language.

At the Gymnasium you are with one group of people all day. Also the schedule is similar to that of a college student where the classes are different from Monday to Tuesday and so on. All the people in my class are really nice and I get along with them. On my first Friday at the Gymnasium I said "me geusta grande chi chis" and "Ich habe eine banana in meine tosche". The first means I like big boobs in Spanish and the other is I have a banana in my pocket in German. I told them these things because I thought it would be a nice way to lighten the mood and since it was the end of the day it would be a good ending. And it was it was a hilarious ending to the day. Now my classmates and I have an insider joke.

Now as for the classes that I have since I know that's what you all have been waiting for. That is why you are reading this isn't it?

Chemistry (Praktikum)

It is just a chemistry class like in America where I don't understand what I am being taught. Except now I have an actual reason for not understanding. Now Chemie Praktikum is a class that I have about every couple of weeks were it is just a chemistry lab. I like this class best since my favorite labs are in chemistry class. Also since I am working with these 2 boys who are hilarious and crack me up.

Englisch

It is like learning Spanish in America. It is a foreign language class. This class is the easiest and a nice break in the week to have a class where I understand what is being said. Though the class is almost a waste of time for me. I usually do my German home work or other home work that I was given for that day.

French

This is a foreign language class. I personally don't understand much of it since it is in French. Also because I have had about 3 years of French. They on the other hand have had about 6 years of French class. The good thing is though that I only have 1 hour out of the 3 that the rest of my classmates have. I will explain this in the next one.
l
l
V

German

This class is where I learn to speak German. I have this class with 2 other exchange students. There are a total of 9 exchange students (including me) in my school of 700 or so students. Here I am working on making my German better. For me the grammar is the hardest since there are so many rules that I don't know about or why it is like that. But in time it will be easier for me to understand.

Mathematik

Mathematik is....Mathematik. My teacher is very special. It's hard to explain how but he is just special. Though he is a very nice guy. Currently we are doing geometry which I didn't understand that well in English and now I have to relearn in German. This class will be quite confusing for me. Hopefully I will be able to understand better as the weeks go on.

Sport Mädchen

This is gym class but for girls only. They have the girls from my class and other class. So far we have done Gymnastics and OLs. OLs is where you have to find these orange things in the woods when walking around the woods with a map. It is kind of hard to describe it. I personally liked it since I got to know a couple of the girls in my class from it.

Geografie

There really is no class like this in America so I can't really describe it. Though it is my favorite class so far. :)

Bildnerisches Gestalten

This is an art class. Though so far we haven't done art projects. We have learned things and this makes it to be quite a boring art class. Hopefully when we start to do "real" art class things it will get better. Since I am used to painting, drawing, scuplting, ect... in art class not this thing called learning.

Wirtschaft und Recht

This is Economic (accounting) and Law class. It sounds like it would be awesome right? Well I understand nothing in it. These people have been doing this for 2 years and I have never taken an accounting class in my life. We have yet to do anything with law so all I know is the economic part which I don't understand.

Deutsch

This is like English class in America. I am going to Zurich with my classmate for this class. We are going to see a play based on a novel.

Biologie (Praktikum)

This is just like Chemie class and Chemie Praktikum. The only difference is that I understood Biologie in English. I do understand it in German when the words are similar or the same to there English counter-parts.

Geschichte

This is History class. It is like most other history classes in the world. You are learning about things that happened in the past. If it is history then you learn about it. So far we have been doing things to do with religion and watched a little bit of a movie (in German) called Luther (I think).

Physik

Don't get me started on this class. I don't dislike it. I just don't know what I am doing all the time. It is not that it is in German that gets me. I just don;t understand why we are doing something. I really need someone to tell me why I am doing this. I need to know how this is important. Then this class will become much better.


Oh and I forgot to mention that I am with the same 20 people for all classes. The only time it is not just my class is Art and Gym. In Gym it is girls from another class. And for Art it is people from another class who are not taking music class like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment