Friday, March 18, 2011

Deutschland Bitte














I have recently, as in February recently, visited Germany. I stayed at my "aunt" Suzy's house. She is really nice. It was fun to see her horse, though it sneezed on me...yuck! I still can't believe that a HORSE SNEEZED ON ME!! It has scared me. Though I will survive. Other than that though I did have a good time. I visited Frankfurt, Heidleburg, and Mannheim. I thought that Frankfurt was to American-e for my liking. Although I did enjoy Heidleburg very much. I also found that Germany is very Americanized, most likely from all the US Army bases.
On the ride to Germany from Switzerland I encountered drunk soccer fans at 8 on a Sunday night. I'm not quite sure how that went. It was entertaining though I LOVED understanding every single word they said. Germany would have been to easy for me. Though maybe my German would be PERFECT, but it wouldn't be as much fun. I like the challenge of Swiss German, though I hate it too. I can't keep changing the subject from drunk soccer fans to the languages of German and Swiss German. It makes me look as though I don't have my ideas straight.
Back to drunk soccer fans. They were very entertaining to watch. One of them looked like he passed out on the floor in the little walk way on the train. I couldn't help but laugh a little bit. I wouldn't ask for them to not have been on the train. It would have made the last 20 minuets very boring. Germany was fun, I would love to go back in the summer when the weather is nicer. And so were my hosts Suzy and Anke.

4 comments:

  1. How nice to see how you are doing! You may not remember me, but we met at the orientation in New York. Sounds like you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :)

    noo... i am not a stranger who stlaks your blog or so! :P
    First of all I love your blog! it's so funny to read and you really have a good writing-style.
    Well, how I found your blog? I am an exchange student in the USA right now and couple of my friends maybe want to be in exchange student (going to Germany or so) so I though i should search some blogs for them :) You know,,, that they see how it is to be an exchange student and so on :D So i foind your blog through AFS :D
    I am from Germany, I could write in german if you want... haha
    But how do you like it? How is your german doing? Do you miss home a lot? Do you know already when you will come back? and... how did you decided to be an exchange student?
    Hope that you will find time to right me back ;)
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie: Well thank you that is very nice of you! How do you think of the USA?? Well I personally would say Switzerland all the way! Though Germany was very nice and I understood everything they said all the time, I loved it. Since as you might know the Swiss have a funny language that you don't understand unless you are Swiss. My German is doing good, not as good as I would like...but that is only because it's not perfect. Sadly I know when I am coming back, the day that haunts my dreams is July 8. And I wanted to be an exchange student since I was 8 or 10...why? I have no clue.

    Meghan: yes I remeber! How is everything???

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEy Shea :)
    USA is amazing!! I love it here so much!!! I can not imagene to go home... home.. where is home now? USA or Germany? I dont know ;). I think you know too well how I am feeling.
    Well.. you havent written for a while.. why? how are u doing now? ;)
    Hope to read from you soon!!

    ReplyDelete